Kia Telluride Performance | Deacon Jones Kia
Kia Telluride Performance
Kia Motors Corporation, formerly known as Kyungsung Precision Industry, is a South Korean automobile manufacturer. It has been in the automobile industry since 1974 with Brisa as its first model. Kia has expanded its business worldwide, having affiliations with top brands such as Hyundai. With over four decades of experience in the industry and several models of automobiles, Kia has added a new model to its long list of motor vehicles.
Kia Telluride was introduced as a concept car at the 2016 North American International Auto Show. It made its debut as an 8-seat mid-size SUV in the 2019 North American International Auto Show as a 2020 model. The Telluride is offered in four trims- LX, S, EX, and SX. The top of the line SX will be offered as a ‘Prestige Package,’ meaning, a fully loaded all-wheel-drive.
The 2020 Kia Telluride features
- 10.25-inch touchscreen display with driver talk feature, quiet mode, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- The Forward Collision Avoidance Assist which uses the radar sensors integrated into the front fascia.
- The Telluride comes with four different drive modes- Comfort, Eco, Sport, and Smart.
- It is powered with a 3.8L V6 engine that pushes out 291 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- 18-inch alloy wheels.
- Other features include self-leveling rear air suspension with 5000-pound towing capacity, blind-spot monitoring, lane-keeping assist, automated emergency braking with pedestrian detection, and rear parking sensors
- The other safety features include:
o Multiple airbags for driver and passenger.
o Rollover sensor that detects an impending rollover and deploys airbags.
o Three-point seat belts for all seating positions.
o Anti-lock braking system, 4-wheel disk brakes.
o Vehicle Stability Management that intervenes when appropriate, to stabilize the vehicle.
o Electronic Stability Control that offers an enhanced level of vehicle control.
o Tire-Pressure Monitoring System monitors tire inflation pressures in all four tires,
o Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children for installation and removal of LATCH-equipped child seats.
Telluride is made with advanced high-strength steel, dual seal lip joints, industrial strength adhesives, and laser welding techniques, referred to as the ‘Iso Structure.’ The MacPherson strut front suspension with independent multi-link rear suspension helps enhance the ride quality. Overall, the 2020 Telluride gives a new driving experience, something to look forward to.
Rush to the nearest dealer to test ride the 2020 Kia Telluride.