2020 Kia Optima Fuel Economy
The 2020 KIA Optima boasts an unparalleled fuel economy. Don’t take our word for it – the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guarantees so! The standard model with its 4-cylinder, 2.4-l engine and automatic transmission alone offers around 24 mpg on city roads and 32 on the highway. If you want to know which 2020 KIA Optima trim to pick for the best fuel economy, read on below.
Fuel Economy like Never Before
While there hasn’t been much of a change in the 2020 KIA Optima’s mpg ratings, what has made all the difference to this model’s fuel efficiency is the optimized 1.6-l turbocharged engine. Also, did we mention the all-new 18.5-gallon fuel tank? Now, you no longer need to make frequent pit stops to refuel your vehicle.
Let’s take a look at the engines and mileages offered by the various 2020 KIA Optima trims here –
- KIA Optima SX – 245-hp 2.0L 4-cylinder turbocharger with EPA estimated 21 mpg city/30 mpg highway
- KIA Optima EX & EX Premium – 178-hp 1.6L 4-cylinder turbocharger with EPA estimated 27 mpg city/ 37 mpg highway
- KIA Optima LX – 185-hp 2.4L 4-cylinder with EPA estimated 25 mpg city/ 35 mpg highway
- KIA Optima S – 185-hp 2.4L 4-cylinder with EPA estimated 24 mpg city/ 32 mpg highway
Fuel-Efficient Features like No Other
The 2020 KIA Optima Fuel Economy is not restricted to its engine and mileage only. There are a host of other features offered by the vehicle that maximize its fuel economy such as:
- Smart Cruise Control – Limit unnecessary braking and acceleration with the 2020 KIA Optima Fuel Economy Smart Cruise Control. It conserves your fuel, and with the added benefit of the Stop and Go feature, you can save gas in heavy traffic as well.
- Improved transmissions – The all-new KIA Optima is made available with a 6-speed auto transmission or a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. The 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, provided in the EX and EX Premium trims, betters your gas mileage significantly.
Come examine the 2020 KIA Optima Fuel Economy at the Deacon Jones KIA showroom by test-driving it yourself.